bad feature

Thomas Zander zander at planescape.com
Wed Oct 23 12:23:48 BST 2002

> On Mit, 23 Okt 2002, Thomas Zander wrote:
>
> > Since some time konqueror clears the password fields so I can't press back and
> > re-commit. I know this feature from IE and always hated it, its just very bad
> > for usability.
>
> But its very good for security :)

I disagree; its a false sense of security. If only since session cookies are still
available. Now; if you empty the password field when a cookie that is set as a result
of that form is expired; then it makes sense. Now its just annoying and does not add
any security.

Again; closing konqueror (or even logging out of X) is the only way you can be 'secure'
in this matter.

I recently convinced a number of former IE users to switch to konqueror so they could
get around this bad feature :(  This just to say I'm definitely not the only one who
has a problem with this.

> > Besides; just pressing reload at the page after the password field still works, so
> > the password is kept in memory anyway :)
>
> hmm? you mean when its a POST ?

I think so, cookies don't work for me at the moment, so I can't say for 100% sure. It
at least asks me to resent the post data.

If you still think the users like this (and talk to any windows user will prove
otherwise) please tell me where I can change this behavior on my system :)

--
Thomas Zander