Patch: Crash: blocking JS alert and deleting a window

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Fri Oct 18 21:01:39 BST 2002

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, David Faure wrote:

> > > Sounds good.
> >
> > Ok, I'll make a patch tonight or tomorrow.
>
> Dirk asked me: why doesn't Qt do it? Indeed, couldn't ~QWidget call close
> on each child modal dialogs? Would that work?

Tell Dirk :) that Qt already does that, only it is too late. Some JS code
is blocked on that message box. There has to be some rescheduling after
calling dlg->close() and before the KHTMLPart:clear() is called, otherwise
this still happens in the dialog message loop and the JS code finds
everything deleted when it returns.

Koos