Tab key to URL box

Jos van den Oever oever at fenk.wau.nl
Fri Oct 18 08:32:33 BST 2002

On Friday 18 October 2002 01:53, Chris,Nalesnik wrote:
> (Not subscribed)
>
> It seems that browsing would be a lot easier if pressing the tab key once
> on a freshly loaded page would place focus on the URL box. After the
> initial press, it would then scroll through the elements of the page you
> are browsing.

I agree a key stroke to place focus on the URL box is a good idea. In Mozilla
the URL box is also in the keyboard focus cycle. It can be accessed by typing
last link on a page.

In addition to this one could consider binding <ctrl>-o to moving focus to the
URL box and selecting all text therein. I don't see any added value in the
dialog that is now bound to <ctrl>-o. In fact, the URL box is more useful.

Jos