keep javascript from changing window properties

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Sun Oct 13 16:43:40 BST 2002

Am Freitag, 11. Oktober 2002 16:24 schrieb Martijn Klingens:
> On Friday 11 October 2002 15:25, Leo Savernik wrote:
> > I think that would be overkill to provide a yes/no/ask/smart policy for
> > simple actions like window.resizeXX window.moveXX window.[default]status
> > because they *cannot* break pages by simply doing nothing. My patch
> > doesn't work like mozilla where denying window resize/move meant throwing
> > a JS security exception effectively killing the script which indeed broke
> > existing pages (but I think they have fixed it by now).
>
> They can. Think of intranet sites or backoffices that dynamically add
> widgets as needed and resize the window accordingly.

Hmm, you got a point here. If I think about it, there could be a js-opened
window *without* a resizeable frame and *without* scrollbars. In this case
blocking window.resizeXX could make content inaccessible. However, konqueror
ignores the resizeable=no option, so the breakage becomes an annoyance at
worst.

Well, but I'm seeing now why David and you are so keen about having this also
configurable per domain :-)