keep javascript from changing window properties

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Thu Oct 10 22:10:07 BST 2002

On Thursday 10 October 2002 22:36, Leo Savernik wrote:
> Besides of that, I'm not the only one who thinks so. Mozilla, for example,
> provides the following options under Preferences/Advanced/Scripts & Plugins
> for a fairly long time:
> - open unrequested windows

Doesn't Konq have the 'JavaScript Web Popups Policy' in the settings since
quite a while too? AFAIK at least since KDE 3.0.

The rest of your wish indeed makes sense under an advanced button, because the
behaviour you describe is often rather annoying. I personally would make it
similar to the current popup window code though that besides allow and deny
there is also 'smart' that only allows it as a result of a mouse click or
keyboard event, but not at random, leaving more advanced apps intact, but
killing the ads and other spam.

As for the correctness of the patch, I know too little about the ecma
bindings, so I leave that for the Konq developers.

--
Martijn