Crash: blocking JS and deleting a window

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Sat Oct 5 14:27:41 BST 2002

On Sat, 5 Oct 2002, Koos Vriezen wrote:

> On Sat, 5 Oct 2002, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> >
> > On a second though I don't understand how this can happen. The
> > alert() triggers a messagebox with the window as parent, so it
> > shouldn't be possible to close the window in the first place as the
> > messagebox is modal. Any idea?
>
> Same for 'Open Location' dialog. Bug in Qt?
>
> There are other cases, eg calls to Java, that could block JS. Something
> has to be done.

Well, if this modal dialog can be solved elsewhere, we might not need a
canDelete event if this ugly synchronization in KJavaAppletServer can be
implemented differently:
    while (!frame->ready && --count > 0) {
        usleep(50000);
        qApp->processEvents(100);
    }
Solution that I can think of is
- Running kjs in a subprocess that can be killed
- Return from evaluate with completion type UNFINISHED and continues
  running after data is arrived (or timed out)
Both not very feasible (certainly for 3.1)

Other suggestions?

Koos