Konqueror & Java problem.

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Wed Oct 2 15:11:02 BST 2002

On Wednesday 02 October 2002 15:15, clyne at liduentertainment.com wrote:
> Hi, I'm using linux SuSE 8 PROFESSINAL and konquerors browers. I
> activated  the java support for this browser and when I go to a URL
> with java appers me the Loading Applet string and nothing more.
>
> I upgrade java with BlackDown's JRE 1.3.1 and the problem was resolved
> in part. When I load an URL apears a grey rectangle and not the
> applet, and when I reload the URL it works correctly. I tried it with
> JRE IBM 1.3.1 and the same problem.
>
> Anybody knows the solution of it?

Try upgrading your KDE through YOU (YaST Online Update) or by downloading RPMs
from the SuSE or KDE ftp servers and try again. Since KDE 3.0 (as shipped
with SuSE 8.0) came out a number of the problems you describe were fixed.

If the problem persists you may want to file a bug report on
http://bugs.kde.org.
--
Martijn