Patch: make KJSDebugWin eval work (fwd)

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Sat Nov 23 20:18:53 GMT 2002

On Sat, 23 Nov 2002, Harri Porten wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Nov 2002, Koos Vriezen wrote:
>
> > The eval of KJSDebugWin wasn't ported yet, patch attached.
> > A small enhancement is that I changed the QLineEdit for a QMultiLineEdit
> > and removed the 'Evaluate' button. Now after pressing enter, the current
> > line is evaluated and the output is inserted after this line (was a
> > messagebox). Note, the cursor must be at the end of the line or only the
> > first part, before the cursor, is evaluated.
> > The advantage is that it keeps history and output can be used for more
> > evaluation.
>
> Since this is no advertised feature yet there should be no problem with
> your patch as long as it compiles :)

Except for line calculation bug in HTMLTokenizer, I think the debugger is
usefull now. Would be a nice feature for KDE3.2.
First things that should be done are:
- launching on demand, eg 'view'|'javascript debugger' menu entry;
- implement the sourceUnused in KJS (are there any thought yet?);
- scoping, get local variables from the eval box.
- others?

Koos