PATCH: kio_http [IMPORTANT]

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Thu Nov 21 07:25:05 GMT 2002

On November 21, 2002 01:09, Dawit A. wrote:

> fixes a long running problem I have had with downloading the config file
> off of my router's web interface.  I always get a "Connection broken" error
> message even though the entire file was correctly downloaded.  Why on earth
> do we consider 0 byte returns as being error conditions ????  If this is an
> issue with SSL's read, we need to find a fix for it there IMHO, becasue a
> regular read system call can return a 0 and that is a valid EOF....

Hm I thought we had this resolved before.  OpenSSL returns error codes that
indicate success in other system calls.  The idea was to make KSSL hide this
and return like normal system calls.  The fix is probably in KSSL or
TCPSlaveBase.  Do you know exactly which case is causing this to happen?

--

George Staikos