Missing function calls for Netscape plugins in QT 3.1

Stephen Anthony stephena at cs.mun.ca
Mon Nov 18 16:50:17 GMT 2002

On November 18, 2002 12:46 pm, you wrote:

> > I've recently tried to recompile KDE 3.0.5 (and even 3.1rc3) using QT 3.1
> > final.  The problem is, the Netscape plugin code uses calls to qt_np_...
> > functions, and these functions no longer exist in QT 3.1.
>
> True for KDE-3.0.5, but AFAIK KDE-3.1-* uses QEventLoop so it doesn't
> use qt_np_* anymore.

Sorry for the confusion (and not sending it to the right group).  I tried
compiling KDE 3.0.5 with QT 3.1, and for obvious reasons it didn't work.
Then I grepped the KDE 3.1rc3 source and noticed that it still contained
reference to qt_np_*, so I assumed that it wouldn't work either.

Upon further inspection, I see that those calls are wrapped in #ifdef's that
test for QT 3.1 and do the appropriate thing.

Thanks,
Steve