Problems with multimedia from konqueror

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Thu Nov 7 05:34:39 GMT 2002

Hi!
  Yesterday I've found very strange problems with konqueror trying to play
a single wav file.
  1) When I'm giving the following URL to konqueror
     http://www.mujweb.cz/www/stalin/coded5.wav
     konqueror immediately crashes. (Can somebody get a BT ? I don't have
     debug symbols available now).
  2) I transferred this file onto my server. Try
     http://sinux.sinus.cz/~patrol/coded5.wav
     and konqueror doesn't crash, embeds kaboodle but doesn't play. You can
     press Play/Pause/Stop, the controls do react (the buttons show as
     pressed) but no audio, no progress slider moving, no timer advances.
  3) Giving a local URL (like file://home/patrol/coded5.wav ) does visually
     the same but with the difference that the file now CAN be played.
     This works perfectly and repeatedly.
  4) Trying "konqueror file://home/patrol/coded5.wav" works too, but kaboodle
     is then not embedded but started in its own window, probably because
     konqueror starts in the FM mode. So also OK.
  An extra quiz: You can decode what's spoken in the file :-).

  Talking about current RC2 CVS (libs/base/multimedia/addons).
                                                   With regards, Pavel Troller