Setting CSS props and timers from JavaScript

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Sun Nov 3 17:13:55 GMT 2002

On Son, 03 Nov 2002, David Faure wrote:

> I don't know the proper term. I mean something that remains at the same
> position on screen, even when you scroll up and down.
> This is what makeStatic is about AFAICS - and I think CSS can do it much
> better (without polling ;)

fixed positioning. it would be at least factor 10 faster :(

But web programmers only learn CSS to employ it more in their crappy JS.

Is the CSS style calculating the most expensive part? otherwise I wouldn't
bother trying to optimize it. the relayout is quite optimized already for
such cases.

--
Dirk (received 383 mails today)