katepart displays source code without konqueror knowing it

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Fri May 31 16:59:23 BST 2002

Erik Sjölund <erik.sjolund at home.se> writes:
> I think many users take it for granted that konqueror presents
> the view of a newly typed in URL in the URL bar always the same way.

I think the current behaviour isn't that bad at all: How many of those
users will type in URLs in the location bar of a konqueror window
containing a kate part?

I think by doing so, you don't tell konqueror to show a HTML file but
the kate part (which is in fact most of what you see of konqueror), so
that seems semantically correct to me.

> user on a support line:
> "Yesterday, I had this nice menu when i right clicked on this site,
> I want it today to"
>
> support:
> "Well, you have to surf to that site in another order ..."

My argument is that this will not happen because you aren't actually
*SURFING* when you *TYPE IN* an URL. How would you click on a HTML
link in a kate part??

--
Ciao,  /  /
      /--/