Fwd: kio: slave process dies when using https

Michael Cardenas michael.cardenas at lindows.com
Fri May 31 06:04:53 BST 2002

no need to apologize, every bit of effort helps!

I thought of doing this, but earlier, it seemed lke a bad idea because
of the performance hit. Now that it's so late at night, it seems far
more attractive. We're testing this patch now.

I also tried just sending a MSG_NOSIGNAL to the socket in
TCPSlaveBase::isConnectionValid, which would prevent the slave from
dying in such an ugly way. This stopped the error from occuring, but it
seemed to slow down the web page loading drastically, and is not as
safe.

I'll let you know what we decide to go with. Thanks again!

michael

--
michael cardenas
lead windows compatibility engineer