Webdav properties to UDS entries? (Was: webdav properties to metadata)

Best, Jan-Pascal van j.p.vanbest at tbm.tudelft.nl
Wed May 29 09:53:07 BST 2002

Sorry to reply so quickly again, I should have used my brains earlier...

There are two things against using the metadata to return the propstats:
- As I said, the XML first gets parsed, then a part of of gets
transfered as
an XML string, via the metadata, to an application, that parses it
again.
- For a search or a listDir, the propstats refer to every individual
resource,
while the metadata refers to the entire operation. So we really cannot
use the
metadata to return information about every resource individually.

I'm afraid that the proper way would be to attach the propstats to the
UDS
entries. From the UDSAtomTypes it seems to me (but correct me if I'm
wrong) that
there are really only two types (UDS_STRING and UDS_LONG) that can be
interpreted
in a number of way. I'd like to pass the propstat as a QDomNodeList or
a number of QDomElements, but I think the UDSAtom class is too rigid to
allow
that. We could subclass it, of course, and use a new UDSAtomType 32768
indicate UDS_DAV_RESPONSE?

Any UDS gurus out there like to comment?

Cheers

Jan-Pascal

--
Jan-Pascal van Best