Assistance Javascript/Konqueror request

Vadim Plessky lucy-ples at mtu-net.ru
Thu May 23 16:32:09 BST 2002

On Wednesday 15 May 2002 15:54, Roland Seuhs wrote:
|  Hi!
|
|  I am a PHP-developer and I've got an assignment to extend/rework this
| site:
|
|  http://www.flowerfish.org/hp/index_loged.php
|
|  The menus work with IE, Mozilla and Netscape4 but not with Konqueror 3.0.

Hi Roland!

Please consider browser detection code attached to this mail.
Basically, all you want to know is wether browser supports DOM, document.all
or not.
All this can be done in 3 lines of JS below:
var doc_layers = (document.layers) ? true : false;
var doc_all = (document.all) ? true : false;
var DOM = (document.getElementById) ? true : false;

Detecting browser capabilities via userAgent is not very good idea, as many
modern browsers can fake UA, and you would not get expected result.

|  Is this a problem of Konqueror or of faulty Javascript code?
|  If the latter, I'd happily fix it, if the former - is there a workaround
| for Konqueror and/or is support for the missing feature(s) planned?

with Konqueror's userAgnet faked as MS IE 5.0, I see menues of your site.
So, Dirk was right: you indeed need to fix browser detection code.

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)