webdav search

Best, Jan-Pascal van j.p.vanbest at tbm.tudelft.nl
Wed May 1 11:46:01 BST 2002

> > - adds a "translate: f" header flag for all webdav GETs. This should
> > be an option of some kind, but i don't know how and where. Any
> > ideas?
> What does it do?
Without this, the Exchange server sends the appointment I'm trying
to read as an HTML form. With the translate: f flag is gives an
iCalendar file, which is much easier to parse ;)

> Anyway, you could pass it via metadata:
>
>  if (m_protocol == "webdav" || m_protocol == "webdavs")
>     davHeader = metaData("dav-header");
>
> Then you can set it at the application site. E.g. something like:
>
> SearchJob *job= KIO::search(...);
> job->addMetaData("dav-header", "Translate: f\r\n");
That sounds like the way to go. I'll do it like that.

> > - add a content-type: text/xml for dav search in httpOpen().
> > I guess this should be done somewhere else, but I don't know
> > where. I've tried an addMetadata() in davSearch, but that
> > didn't work
>
> Any meta data that you set is passed back to the application, I assume
this > is
> to be send to the webdav server?
So that's what I didn't understand about the metadata. Anyway, I'll
follow
Hamish' solution for the content-type flag.

> > - Strange thing: I had to substract 1 from the content-size header
> > before Exchange would swallow my search requests. Maybe something to
> > do with zero-terminated strings?
>
> Yes.. m_bufPOST is 8-bit data and you assign "request" to it which is
> null-terminated QCString. You have to truncate that null from
m_bufPOST.
> E.g.
> if (m_bufPOST.size()) m_bufPOST.truncate(m_bufPOST.size()-1);
That solves a great mystery for me. Thanks.

> Hamish Rodda wrote the webdav support so let's see what he has to say
about
> the webdav parts. Apart from that it can go in as far as I am
concerned.
I'll look into his comments, of course.

Cheers

Jan-Pascal