Text Selection Speed

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Tue Jun 25 00:13:37 BST 2002

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Koos Vriezen wrote:

> but is also not right. There should be a recursion level, where a lower
> would override a deeper in info.breakCache.

Probably. Anyway, I'm not too happy about this caching idea :) I've thought
long about this, but I always found cases where it broke :/

I wonder if there isn't a way to make the actual lookup faster. Its still
not optimized at all. One obvious way would be to reduce the number of
lookups. like tracking the mouse position only 20 times per second or so,
instead of instant like now.

Dirk