Kget->kdenetwork

pch at valleeurope.net pch at valleeurope.net
Mon Jun 24 11:30:15 BST 2002

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, David Faure wrote:

> On Monday 24 June 2002 11:05, pch at valleeurope.net wrote:
> > [..]
> > kdenetwork can you move it?
>
> Just had a quick look at the code, to estimate the overall quality ;)
>
> - - Why does Errors.h contain a full copy of the enums from kio/global.h ?
> - - For the Min macro in common.h, you can use kMin.
 old stuff i will clean it this week
> - - The KActions are created with a QIconSet, sometimes coming from an XPM.
> Ouch. This doesn't work well (e.g. when plugging the same action in a toolbar
> and in a menubar). Please make them all PNGs, install into the recommended dir,
> and simply use "iconname" (no extension!) in the KAction constructor
yes i now but it take me more time that i expeted  to play with
new  icons...i will finish the conversion asap

I added the extension just for the transition... i will remove later

> (no locate, no QIconSet etc.). See other apps or the developer FAQ
ok i will
> - - I see some static QStrings ! static objects are quite evil. Well and in this
> case (setWhatsThis) not useful at all IMHO.
old inheritance i will remove...

> - - The edit toolbar thingie doesn't obey the apply button (see KEditToolbar docu)
>
> The rest looks quite good ;)
:)
> OK for moving it - well, only kdenonbeta/kget/kget, we don't need any of the toplevel stuff
> for compilation. You might need a few files from there though (AUTHORS, README).
> Hmm, I see two choices:
> * kdenetwork/kget with all in there (standard setup)
> * kdenetwork/kget with the sources under src/  (many people find $app/$app a bit stupid ;)
> But in any case configure.in.in needs to go, all the Makefile.* stuff of the toplevel too, etc.
> Please tell me what you prefer.
I will say move and make it as much standard as possible (../kget
with all in there)

thank for your time
patrick