Text Selection Speed

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Sun Jun 23 23:51:36 BST 2002

On Son, 23 Jun 2002, Koos Vriezen wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Jun 2002, Dirk Mueller wrote:
>
> > On Son, 23 Jun 2002, Koos Vriezen wrote:
> >
> > > movies. The whole page is repainted all the time when repainting is
> > > delayed to 40 ms (which speed up text selection).
> > > BTW what do you think of not re-rescheduling repainting of rectangles?
> >
> > Sorry ?
> QUpperLeftRect.unite(QLowerRightRect)

Well, collapsing several rectangular repaint requests certainly makes sense,
thats why we introduced the "scheduling".

> > But nodeAtPoint is virtual, and is reimplmented in RenderFlow.
> How common is that to have specialObjects?

Very. There is basically no non-trivial page without dozens of them.

> Don't use the cache in that
> case or make it a separate function that could be called first.

Possible. but you have to check them in the right order.. just checking the
specialobjects alone isn't enough.

Dirk