Text Selection Speed

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Sat Jun 22 21:33:10 BST 2002

On Sat, 22 Jun 2002, Koos Vriezen wrote:
> Attached a patch that contains my two previous patches, only repaint the
> selected object and the re-scheduling changes, with some improvements.
> It also adds 'cachedInnerNode' to DocumentImpl.
> 'DocumentImpl::prepareMouseEvent' first looks if the mouse is still in
> this object, before rescanning the rendering tree. This saves a lot of CPU
> cycles when moving the mouse above khtml part.
> There is no reference counting in Render*, so I'm not 100% sure this
> cached node is always valid.
>
> Please comment.

Version 2 of this patch, it changes
- fixed the memory leak of RenderObject::NodeInfo objects
- if 'cachedInnerNode' has a 'URLElement' and a 'nodeAtPoint' call to this
  node does return 'inside' but doesn't include a 'URLElement', copy it
  from 'cachedInnerNode'. Seems to happen on some mailing list archives.

Regards,

Koos Vriezen