KDE 3.0.2: +1 week (table rendering bugs)

Vadim Plessky lucy-ples at mtu-net.ru
Thu Jun 20 10:58:07 BST 2002

On Wednesday 19 June 2002 2:11 am, Dirk Mueller wrote:
|  Hi,
|
|  a number of issues were pointed out to me about 3_0_BRANCH that need more
|  time, therefore I delay the packaging by one week.

Dirk,

Can several Table-specific bugs be fixed for KDE 3.0.2?
I refer here to:
 http://bugs.kde.org/db/43/43749.html
 http://bugs.kde.org/db/43/43750.html
 http://bugs.kde.org/db/43/43751.html
 http://bugs.kde.org/db/43/43752.html

 http://bugs.kde.org/db/44/44148.html
 http://bugs.kde.org/db/42/42639.html
(most of those bugs have testcases)

also:
  http://bugs.kde.org/db/43/43748.html
but this can wait, as it's not very common (yet)

While support for *broken tables* is quite good in KDE 3.0.x, Mozilla 1.0 is
out, and it provides better rendering for broken tables than Konqueror.
Most likely, tables on most sites are not hand-coded but *generated* by
FrontPage or some other crappy software.
So, actual number of broken pages is much more than reported bugs.
And fixing those bugs can help to eliminate new reports for *already reported*
bugs.

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)