Text Selection Speed

Vadim Plessky lucy-ples at mtu-net.ru
Fri Jun 14 07:51:15 BST 2002

On Thursday 13 June 2002 6:59 pm, Matt Newell wrote:
|  Hi,
|
|  I have recently been looking at the khtml sources trying to get enough of
| an understanding to improve the horribly slow text selection algorithm.  I

But at least it works! :-)
Seriously: we had some serious problems with text/content selection around KDE
2.1 time, hopefully that was fixed.
As KHTML is DOM-based, it can be that some slowdown of text seelction canbe
caused by this, at least on complex pages.

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)