a question of speed

Michael Cardenas michael.cardenas at lindows.com
Tue Jun 11 21:41:11 BST 2002

Hello again.

I'd like to ask you all about a problem we're seeing with regards to
speed. Our build of kde3 is based upon cvs from 0327.

We are having a speed problem when accessing some sites, specifically
mp3.com. When using kde 2.2.2 we were able to load mp3.com in just about
3 seconds. With our latest release, mp3.com loads in about 30 seconds.
These speeds are from within our offices, on a high speed connection.

The strange part is that SUSE with kde 3.0.0 loads mp3.com in just over
3 seconds.

I've looked at the headers and the responses and the responses from the
mp3.com server actually have a Date field which says that they are about
6 seconds apart.

Here are the headers sent by our version of konqueror to one of our
local webservers.

GET / HTTP/1.1
Connection: Keep-Alive
Host: shop.webdev.lindows.com
Cookie: w3t_mypass=Fi.r4Xax6k3d2; w3t_myname=michaelc%40lindows.com;
VERSION-LindowsOS=1.0; PLATFORM=LindowsOS;
Bugzilla_login=michaelc at lindows.com; Bugzilla_logincookie=837;
VERSION-Lindows.com=1.0;
Lindows_Session=35eb6d9e6b63cf71c6132cadf400fd9f

I understand that since this only happens on our distro, you prolly
won't be interested, but if anyone has any ideas, I would greatly
appreciate them.

thanks
     michael

--