Fwd: Re: Buffer Overflow with all versions of Internet Explorer and Javacript.

Harri Porten porten at trolltech.com
Tue Jun 4 13:59:11 BST 2002

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, Dirk Mueller wrote:

> On Die, 04 Jun 2002, Harri Porten wrote:
>
> > Do you know of they abort, i.e. ever the leave the recursion ? Or do they
> > also continue infinitely with the CPU load being lower because of
> > threading ?
>
> I think they have a recursion limit. We had one too I seem to remember, why
> was the code disabled?

The only limit that was and still is there is against too many recursive
calls to the interpreter (html event->js->html->js->...). I'll try to
think of something for internal recursions. But I wouldn't know what to
really do against infinite loops like while(1);. They can be by design and
harmless but there is no way to abort them, yet. Easier with threading.

Harri.