Patch for JS debugger

Harri Porten porten at trolltech.com
Mon Jun 3 08:36:41 BST 2002

On Sun, 2 Jun 2002, Koos Vriezen wrote:

> On Sun, 2 Jun 2002, Harri Porten wrote:
>
> > Please commit. If it works I can't comment much on it as I didn't inspect
> > it anymore after Peter continued what I started ages ago.
>
> Will do so if its stable again in my tree.

Great. Please also see the patch I forwarded you in private mail.

> > What do you think ? I'd rather see khtml developers compile with a switch
> > or provide a libkjsd binary if end users are interested in the debugger.
>
> IMO there is no speed difference, only an extra
> 'if (KJSDebugWin::instance())' check in KJSProxyImpl if
> EnableJavaScriptDebug is not 'true'.

I was rather talking about the backend in libkjs. See the KJS_BREAKPOINT
macro in nodes.cpp.

> There are some issues, seen when debugging frames. For instance
> kjs/internal.cpp:

I admit that I never used the debugger to debug real world pages ;)

>   if (sourceId)
>     *sourceId = sid;
>   ProgramNode *prog = progNode;
>   progNode = 0;
>   sid = -1;
>
> Any idea why 'sid' is set to -1. Helps a lot to comment this out.

Hmmmm. Looks like the initial logic got screwed when Peter rewrote that
stuff. You might find out whether its a stale statement by going through
the cvs changes.

> Any ideas why baseLine is 'lineno+src.lineCount()'? Changing to
> 'src.lineCount()+1' seems to help.

Never saw that code. Some HTML developer might by able to help. Or just
change if it works better. No risk of breaking any existing code :)

Harri.