MMB opens in new tab

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Mon Jul 29 21:15:46 BST 2002

On Monday 29 July 2002 03:23, David Faure wrote:

> On Sunday 28 July 2002 22:07, Zack Rusin wrote:
> > 1) (the long way) write our own KTabBar (not inheriting from
> > QTabBar), and draw it in whatever way we like it,
> > 2) not draw the last tab (looks horrible),
> > 3) draw a background over the tabs and underneath the close button
> > and arrow buttons,
> > 4) solution I haven't thought about.
>
> If it helps: QTella has close button on tabs .... maybe you want to
> look at how they do it?   (qtella.sourceforge.net)

It does? Are you sure? I'm using QTella (to share family pictures of
course, and not, god forbid, download music) and haven't seen any close
buttons on their tabs. Their tabbar inherits QTabBar and reimplements
only mousePressEvent so I don't see how they could have those buttons
drawn on it. To be honest this wouldn't be so hard to implement. We
would have to reimplement paint(QTab ...), mouseClickedEvent and
mouseMoveEvent inside KonqTabBar and that be it. The question is
whether close buttons on tabs are better than a close button at the end
of the tabbar. Of course by writing our own TabBar we could make it
customizable, which I guess would be the 'right way' of doing this.

Zack

--
Failure is not an option. (It comes bundled with Windows.)