Small test case for bug in renderer floats

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Mon Jul 29 11:43:47 BST 2002

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002, Vadim Plessky wrote:
> On Sunday 28 July 2002 5:15 pm, Koos Vriezen wrote:
> |
> |  This is rendered wrong
> |     some text
> |
> |  or with a div

> |     some text
> |
> |  Seems the float gets an extra left offset if the height is greater than
> |  height of surrounding text.
>
> I can't understand what do you mean here.

I mean, if you test one of the above test cases, you see the 'some text'
text starts on top of the last letter of 'table cell' or 'div text' text
(depending which test case).
If I turn on DEBUG_LAYOUT/FLOAT_DEBUG/BOX_DEBUG, I see that the float is
rendered twice, one correct and one with an xoffset of 10 too much.
If you extend the height of surrounding text, eg. add '<br>more text..'
after 'some text', its rendered correctly.

> Pls check attached testcase - both <table> and <div> render (almost)
> identically.

So what?

> BTW: you forgot to close </td></tr> in your example

IMO those close tags are optional, see
http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/struct/tables.html#h-11.2.5

Regards,

Koos Vriezen