overflow: (Re: HTML for KMail ...)

Vadim Plessky lucy-ples at mtu-net.ru
Fri Jul 19 16:17:32 BST 2002

On Friday 19 July 2002 5:57 pm, Jos van den Oever wrote:
|  On Friday 19 July 2002 15:22, Vadim Plessky wrote:
|  > Thanks for a nice code.
|  > I still prefer my variant (no tables, I treat CSS2 'table',
|  > 'table-cell', 'table-row' as tables , it's part of CSS2-Tables
|  > specification, not defined in CSS1), but your variant is really a
|  > compromise between my code and Martijn's.
|
|  I think its a matter of seperation of content and layout. The content is
| in the html/xml. That should have a clear hierchy. In the css you can do
| anything just to make it look good. I see no reason to avoid display:
| table* tags.

Browsers not supporting { display: table } ?

BTW both Mozilla/Netscape and MS claim only *CSS1* support, so there is no
warranty  { display: table } works (or should work) in MS IE and Mozilla/NS.

{ display: table } is part of CSS2, it's a separate module in CSS3.
Support for it is not granted for every browser.

|  > Or there is a chance to use pure XML?..
|
|  XHTML is probably a good compromise.

It seems people like my pure XML variant better :-)

|  Best regards, Jos

Cheers,
--

Vadim Plessky