[new TESTCASE] khtml and table widths

Vadim Plessky lucy-ples at mtu-net.ru
Thu Jul 18 12:23:07 BST 2002

On Thursday 18 July 2002 2:58 pm, Ladislav Strojil wrote:

|  > 2) Browser (userAgent) calculates widths of cells (columns) using *first
|  > row* (you may want to chekc the specs)
|  > So, you testcase with
|  > 		<tr>
|  > 			<td colspan="3">Does your KHTML get it right?</td>
|  > 		</tr>
|  > is very confusing. No info what should be cell's widths...
|
|  Wow, so if I want to make the first row a heading, I am cannot rely on
| column sizes?

you can use <THEAD>
But ... I have filed bug report some time ago, <THEAD> doesn't work very well
in Konq.
Anyway, if you *need* to use tables (and *can't use DIV/SPAN*) - you can
format cells using CSS.
like
 #mycell { color: red; border: 1px solid lime }

|  > Please check attached (corrected) testcase, it renders similary in
|  > Mozilla and Konqueror.
|  > (NOTE: I tested with KDE 3.0.2, *without* Dirk's fixes!...)
|
|  It renders in exactly same way as my testcase. Note that I am pretty sure
| that Dirk's commits are what changed this behaviour.
|
|  Even two days old 3.1 would render it the same way Mozilla does.

ok, I have Konq 3.0.2
Can you pls post screenshots what was 2 days ago and how it looks like now?
Thanks!

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)