Fwd: Re: Two Konqueror Bugs

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Mon Jul 15 22:21:03 BST 2002

  I was just sent this but I don't have the time to work on it before 3.0.3.

Subject: Re: Two Konqueror Bugs
Date: July 15, 2002 15:09
From: "Eugenia Loli-Queru" <eloli at hotmail.com>
To: "Daryl Dudey" <daryl.dudey at ntlworld.com>
Cc: <staikos at kde.org>

Daryl, it is done.
Yes, I have seen the exact same bug on Konqueror when using forms, even if I
 used it on completely different forms on this web site, and some of their
 code is not mine, which means that there is a real bug here. Once, I managed
 to post the same story twice on OSNews, like this: 1. I wrote and published
 a story on OSNews via the online backend, using konqueror.  Closed Konqueror
 down. 2. Went to lunch, came back later.
3. Open a new konqueror window, wrote *another* news story, with different
 everything, different text and all, and when I submitted the news story in
 the osnews database, and then I saw that it had submitted the story I wrote
 an hour earlier!!! It had somehow cashed the form data and it had
 resubmitted those, instead of the ones I typed. You obviously stabbed on the
 same bug. Yes, this is a Konqueror bug, and I experienced it with KDE 3.01.
 Haven't retried since then on my KDE 3.02, because I do not trust it anymore
 for doing the OSNews backend work. I am not sure if this has somethign to do
 with the fact that OSNews uses mod_gzip in the apache level. But on the
 other hand, Slashdot uses mod_gzip too..... I am CCing a KDE developer on
 this email to hopefully take care of the issue. Also, Konqueror 3.x has
 another nasty bug as well:
<TD>
<NOBR><NOWRAP>Text goes here</NOBR></NOWRAP>
<NOBR><NOWRAP>Another Text goes here</NOBR></NOWRAP>
<NOBR><NOWRAP>Yet Another Text goes here</NOBR></NOWRAP>
</TD>
It does not listen to the fact that the table is about 100 pix width, but
 instead it creates a long long long sentence with all of these texts, side
 by side, pushing the table's *cell* (and not the entire table, a sign that
 this is a serious bug) to as much as it needed to display ALL these texts,
 even if there are closed </NOBR></NOWRAP> tags there. Eugenia
Editor-in-Chief at http://www.OSNews.com