how Windows browsers encode URL [Re: why the % cruft?]

Hetz Ben Hamo hetz at kde.org
Wed Jul 10 22:05:06 BST 2002

I did - here it is again:

http://chat.tapuz.co.il/newchat/main.asp?regUser=no&shower=1&room=30%20ôìåñ%20àéëåúé&nick=fasdfasd
This URL lets you go into a Java hebrew based chat.

With MSIE (and suprisingly Netscape 4.x) - the gybrish stuff is being feed
into the server as parameters which room.

the fasdfasd stuff is my test to put a nick name. if I put a hebrew nick the
chat java client will get it as "????????" in konqueror. Actually if you'll
try this URL on konqueror with Java enabled, you'll get into the chat to a
room named "30 ????? ??????" - the ? should be of course hebrew letters ;)

Thanks,
Hetz