why the % cruft?

Vadim Plessky lucy-ples at mtu-net.ru
Mon Jul 8 17:12:53 BST 2002

On Monday 08 July 2002 6:47 pm, Dirk Mueller wrote:
|  On Mon, 08 Jul 2002, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
|  > One of my biggest problems with Konqueror is it's usage of % stuff for
|  > non latin-1 while other browsers (MSIE, Galeon/Mozilla) doesn't seem to
|  > have this problem..
|
|  This is a KURL "feature", not related to Konqueror. I'm not sure if there
| is a reason why KURL behaves different from IE or Mozilla.

And, BTW, KURL is the reason why you can't create and use  IMAP folders with
Cyrillic (or non-Latin) names. KMail , in fact, can *create* such folder, but
can't access it later because of misformed URL.

Try to create folder name as "пример" ("example" in Russian), and you will see
the problem. Check my bug report about that:
http://bugs.kde.org/db/43/43889.html

There was similar bug report about Google, Konq wrongly encodes URL from
Google search if you search for non-Latin word.
Again, open Google and type "пример" in Search box. Than hit Search. You will
get:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F&btnG=Google+Search

--

Vadim Plessky