Default value of JS window object

Harri Porten porten at trolltech.com
Fri Jul 5 17:31:24 BST 2002

On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, Koos Vriezen wrote:

> > HTMLDocument is the proper DOM name IIRC. The whole "[object X]" thing is
> > completely arbritrary according to the spec. We just do the same as other
> > browsers (at least NS) here.
>
> Yes, just tested mozilla. But I didn't mean the naming stuff, it's strange
> that comparing an object with a string can return 'true'.

Yes. The way == works is really miracleous. It tries very hard to do a
conversion. The strict comparison operator === rather does what you would
expect from C++.

> I wonder what IE does...

Haven't checked lately.

I've now fixed the problem. A bit critical issue so I'd be thankful if
e.g. David could verify that it fits the modelling approach we have taken
currently.

Harri.