NSPlugin changes

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Fri Jul 5 15:29:40 BST 2002

On Friday 05 July 2002 04:42, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Don, 04 Jul 2002, staikos George Staikos wrote:
> > What it doesn't do: Unfortunately it doesn't fix the crossover problem
> > with mouse coordinates not mapping properly.  I still maintain that this
> > is a crossover bug.  Perhaps they have fixed it since my version 1.1.0?
>
> it happens because we reparent after the plugin being loaded..

  Why is that the only affected plugin then?  I have yet to find another
plugin which has this problem.  Using xwininfo revealed some details on where
the mouse clicks were interpreted to be, but that was long ago and I forget
the details now.  I didn't get a response from the crossover guys when I
emailed them about this.

   You told me about this reparent-before-loading issue before, right?  I
looked into it and decided that this was not the way to go, iirc. I think I
ran a test and it either didn't change anything, or plain didn't work at all.
This was 6+ months ago.

> Can we somehow merge the tons of xembed reincarnations into one class ?

  Yes Till and I have been discussing this.  It looks like this will all go
into the kdelibs one.

--

George Staikos