weird underlines

Moritz Moeller-Herrmann mmh at gmx.net
Tue Jul 2 20:01:10 BST 2002

Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:

> Hi people,
>
> I'm looking at this page:
> http://www.mandrakesoft.com/company/investors/bsa/faq2
>
> It seems to render ok, the main article appears in black.
>
> Now, move the cursor over the article - all the text appears as blue
> underlined..

That's because the whole text is a link. Obviously Mandrake can't code HTML
for shit. Line ~149:

<a name="ul">
<b>1- United Linux: why MandrakeSoft will not join.</b>
four Linux vendors (Caldera, SuSE,
TurboLinux and Conectiva) to develop a common Linux distribution that will
bear the label "United Linux".

Obviously the error handling of other browsers automatically closes the <a
name="ul">, as it encounters the next <a> tag, but that is not correct
HTML.

I think Mandrake would be wise to check their page with some syntax checker.

--
Moritz Moeller-Herrmann mmh at gmx.net wiss. Mitarbeiter, IMGB
        La loi, dans un grand souci d'égalité, interdit aux riches comme aux