Analysis: Relative links visited state broken in 3.1/CVS...

Maks Orlovich mo002j at mail.rochester.edu
Mon Dec 30 00:09:28 GMT 2002

Dirk Mueller wrote:

> On Son, 29 Dez 2002, Maks Orlovich wrote:
>
>> when they should be. The reason is that the CSSStyleSelector::encodedurl
>> info is nonsense; it is constructed from the CSSStyleSelector ctor using
>> the url given to it as a parameter, which in turn comes from m_url in
>> DocumentImpl ctor. The problem is, the URL isn't set yet when the element
>> is constructed;
>> i.e. my  ad-hoc debug log goes something like this:
>>
>> ** Creating new CSSStyleSelector with url = (null)
>> create encodedurl:host=file: path=(null) file=(null)
>> ++ setURL = http://sources.redhat.com/glibc/ called
>
> Hmm, I'd be surprised about that,the styleselector is regenerated multiple
> times during document parsing, somewhen it should get the right url..

Through DocumentImpl::recalcStyleSelector()? That indeed works on many of
the pages - i.e. www.kde.org, where the visited status on relative links do
work fine -- but my debug output in it doesn't get triggered on the really
simple pages like for example the mail archives at gcc.gnu.org/ml
(And mail archives are probably the place where the visited link stuff is
the most useful)