hosed cookie handling

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Mon Dec 23 12:32:53 GMT 2002

On Sam, 21 Dez 2002, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> I'm pretty sure IE implements netscape cookies, maybe you mean that IE
> implements netscape cookies differently from the netscape spec wrt the path
> check?

Yes. No browser implements the netscape spec AFAIK.

> I don't understand what you mean with "IE - compatible" mode though, from the
> look of our patch it seems very incompatible with everything else.

Well, did you try it ? IE only allows "." (besides ?, #, etc which we handle
differently anyway) to follow in the path.

> > In addition, at least mailman registered the cookie with path ==
> > "/mailman/", so the path check had an off-by-one.
> The path check is ok for path == "/mailman", it requires an additional check
> to handle path == "/mailman/".

The check you committed appears bogus. now /mailman0/ is accepted as valid
path for /mailman/ I think.

> The toplevel domain is ".name". I assume that what you mean is that
> "mueller.name" should also be treated as a toplevel domain in order to
> prevent "dirk.mueller.name" from setting a cookie for "mueller.name" so that
> it doesn't end up with "karin.mueller.name".

correct. <foobar>.name is the toplevel domain, similiar to co.uk etc.

--
Dirk (received 233 mails today)