khtml image downloads

Franklin DeMatto franklin.lists at qDefense.com
Fri Dec 20 02:48:27 GMT 2002

Sorry for not making myself clear.  Every browser (that I know of) has an
option to switch off autodownloading.  What makes Opera so great is that it
can be toggled with one click - no menus or anything.  And a particular
image can be displayed with just two clicks.

This is really necessary practically speaking, since very often a page
requires images, and it is a pain to go through a bunch of options back and
forth.  Opera makes no-autodownload viable practically.

At 08:18 AM 12/19/2002 +0100, Dirk Mueller wrote:
>On Don, 19 Dez 2002, Franklin DeMatto wrote:
>
> > connection, and even on a fast connection, many of the image downloads are
> > slow and waste time.  Opera has a great feature - with one mouse click, I
> > can toggle wheter it downloads new images or not.  Most pages display fine
> > without the images, as long as the space is put there for them.  And I can
> > right click on a particular image that I would like to see.
>
>Funny, because Konqueror has that feature already. disable "Autoload
>images" in the control module.
>
>The per-image "loading" is missing though.
>

>--
>Dirk (received 146 mails today)

Franklin DeMatto
Senior  Analyst, qDefense Penetration Testing
http://qDefense.com
qDefense: Specialized Security Solutions