Java applet not found (problem in the official DOM testsuite)

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Thu Dec 19 21:33:35 GMT 2002

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002, David Faure wrote:

> On Thursday 19 December 2002 21:59, Koos Vriezen wrote:
> > On Thu, 19 Dec 2002, David Faure wrote:
> >
> > > Hmm, if you get the test to run, it fails 100% of the time.
> >
> > This also fails 100%
> > file://home/koos/public_html/DOM-javabug/javabug/HTMLAppletElement01.html
>
> Hmm, that's not surprising. file://foo means "host foo".
> The correct URLs for file are file:/path and file:///path.
> (I can't test the latter in konq, since KURL resolves it to file:/path :)
>
> Are you sure that something, in the JSUnit case, is creating a URL like
> file://foo ?

Just managed to hit the right pixel, JConsole shows

KJAS:               baseURL = file://home/koos/public_html/DOM-javabug/javabug/applet.html, codeBase = applets
KJAS:               archives = null, width = 301, height = 306
KJAS: CL: getLoader: key = file://home/koos/public_html/DOM-javabug/javabug/applets/

Btw. do you not have '-Dkjas.debug=1' in
Settings | Java & JavaScript | 'Additional Java arguments'?

Koos