gecko embedding

Uno Engborg uno at webworks.se
Wed Dec 18 06:53:42 GMT 2002

Dirk Mueller wrote:

>On Die, 17 Dez 2002, Michael Levy wrote:
>

>>use dhtml and Konqueror doesn't handle those pages yet, I'd like to
>>switch which engine renders the html.
>>

>which pages are those?

I havn't had much problem with DHTML, but the lack of
XML support (in browser XML->HTML conversion by XSLT)
is a problem, as it becomes more and more common in
intranet solutions. Would a Gecko plugin handle this
or is this something Mozilla specific outside of Gecko.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to make gecko the default
engine for web browsing. Not meant as to be disrespectful to the developers
of the KDE engine, but it seams that Gecko is far ahead now.
And if we don't have any good reasons, I think it is unnecessary to
reinvent the wheel.

The KDE engine could still be used in more lightweight and predictable
situations like displaying help pages.

Regards
Uno Engborg