HTMLDocument without a view

Best, Jan-Pascal van j.p.vanbest at tbm.tudelft.nl
Thu Dec 12 13:30:21 GMT 2002

Hi all,

I'm trying to parse an HTML document (this document is sent back by an
Exchange server and
I would like to use it to figure out the mailbox URL of a user, which
you can't find out
any other way). The QT XML classes won't do that for me (they only
accept XML), but
DOM::HTMLDocument from khtml doesn't seem to want to be used without a
view. When I use

    DOM::HTMLDocument doc2;

or even

    KHTMLView* view = 0;
    DOM::HTMLDocument doc2( view );

in my code, I get a crash without hints in ~/.xsession-errors and even
without a backtrace
("can't create backtrace").

I found an email to kde-devel somewhere last year saying that you cannot
have an HTMLDocument
without a view. Is this still the case? Then it should be documented in
the HTMLDocument docs.
Is there some other way to parse an HTML document?

Thanks for any help,

Jan-Pascal

--
Jan-Pascal van Best