PATCH: Fix elusive HTTP digest authentication problem (BR# 42604)

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Sat Dec 7 06:13:48 GMT 2002

Hi,

Attached are patches for both HEAD and 3_1_BRANCH that fixes an elusive HTTP
digest authentication bug that was first reported by BR# 42604.  As luck
would have it, I run into this bug myself when attempting to log into a
digest authentication protected website at work.

The problem stemmed from incorrect setting of the uri= parameter in the
Authentication line. While I was fixing that I also opted to complete the
proper credential verification for preemptively sending the
authentication-digest line to the server based on the "domain=" attribute
extracted from a 401/407 response.

Anyways, this fixes the problem as verified against my own test apache server.

Regards,
Dawit A.