KIO design problem

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Sun Dec 1 19:42:10 GMT 2002

I was investigating the problems with sourceforge and I came upon this
behaviour:

CN for the certificate on https://*.sourceforge.net is set to
"sourceforge.net".  Why they did this, I do not know.  Anyways, the result is
that whenever the browser tries to do an https session with
*.sourceforge.net, this is what it looks like:

GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: www.sourceforge.net

HTTP/1.1 302 Found