JS speed - Konq vs. Mozilla

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.com
Wed Aug 21 16:33:28 BST 2002

Le Mercredi 21 Août 2002 16:01, Vadim Plessky a écrit :
> I don't have latest Konq from CVS, and testing with KDE 3.0.2 doesn't sound
> as a good idea...
> Anyone want to check URL below and statements about Mozilla vs. Konq speed?
>
> :-)

This test just benchmarks "using local variables in tight inner loops"...
I don't see how this could reflect the overall speed of JS engines, but
anyway... results for this test are positively awful for a +/- 12 days old
CVS Konq (enable-debug = yes [not full])  vs. a rather old Moz (0.9.8 -
stripped).

Local/Global variables test :
Konq: 3.8 sec. / 4.6 sec
Moz:  0.1 sec / 0.41 sec

Yuck. Hope it's just the debugging overhead.