kdelibs/khtml/xml

Tobias Anton TA at ESC-Electronics.de
Wed Aug 21 09:36:51 BST 2002

On Wednesday 14 August 2002 18:46, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 August 2002 07:04 am, Tobias Anton wrote:
> > Your two patches together do not work when a page is loaded for the first
> > time. The "cache-creation-date" metadata is not set if the respective
> > cache entry is just about to be created (m_bCachedWrite being true in the
> > slave). Shouldn't we add the "cache-creation-date"-metadata for that
> > case, too?
>
> Yup, fixed in CVS. Please retest.
The KIO part works perfectly here.
Only KHTML still needs some changes, which I'll take care of.

Ok, my response came is a bit late.

I've just committed some additional changes I considered necessary.
I.e. use the new expire date instead of an old one for any cached object when

Still, I'm planning to change another behaviour:
When using relative expire dates, the creation date of embedded images,
scripts etc. should be respected so that

imageexpiredate = imagecreationdate + relative expiredate of http-equiv tag.

If you don't think the cache should behave this way, please tell me of that.

Thank you,
Tobias