TABLE Rendering Problem

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Mon Aug 19 01:02:49 BST 2002

Hello,

With the current CVS, or rather one day old, I am encountering some table
related rendering issues on sites such as www.konqueror.org.  This reminded
me of an email exchange I recently had with Hadacek Nicolas regarding hist
bug report, br# 45869.  In that exchange, he asked me to confirm whether a
minimal and validated HTML page worked with the current CVS version worked or
not and my test revealed it did not, and still does not.

Anyways, since I am uncertain whether this is related to the current table
rendering problems I am experiencing, I wanted to mention it here rather than
open yet another bug report on it.  Two minimal examples are included below.
Thr first one validates as HTML 4.01 TRANSATIONAL document and the second one
as STRICT.  Both reproduce the wrong result.  These are rendered correctly by
Mozilla if you want to verify...

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transational//EN">
<HTML>

<HEAD>
  <TITLE>TABLE RENDERING PROBLEM</TITLE>
</HEAD>