Konqueror's user agent string (again)

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Sat Aug 17 18:00:10 BST 2002

On Saturday 17 August 2002 12:27, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> On Friday 16 August 2002 11:37 pm, Roland Seuhs wrote:
> > If Konqueror would only send the major version number ("Konqueror 3"
> > instead of "Konqueror 3.x.y") I think it will get into a lot more browser
> > stats and it will be more likely that the webmaster tests the site
> > against Konqueror and not lock out Konqueror.
>
> Thanks, fixed.
> Dawit: Please review the diff of your commits very carefully before you
> commit them, I'm fed up with having to clean up after you each and every
> time.

Excuse me ?? What the hell are you talking about ?!?!?!?  I committed this
change on purpose!!!!   It was discussed before and AFAIR no one objected
when I suggested that we should at least include minor version number.  This
was a while back!!!

If you also bothered to look at the stats on the link provided, you will see
that NONE and I mean NONE of the other browsers send only the major version #
!!!!!!  Why do we need to be different ? The statistics seems to be counted
correctly for the other browsers that provide both the major and minor
version numbers...

But whatever, I do not give a damn anymore!!!  Do whatever you want...

Dawit A.