About KJS::HTMLCollection::getNamedItems

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Thu Aug 15 13:42:03 BST 2002

On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, Harri Porten wrote:

> > Can't we get rid of this once and for all in kjs, eg. return '[Unknown]'
> > or '[Object]'?
>
> Better not. Allowing the addition of a string with an object is a feature.
> If it's not supported the user should get an error.

Yes, but 99,99% of the users just see a web page not working. They don't
look at the console for a Type error.
Even, as a JS developer using alert's for debug purposes, I rather see a
box with '[Object unknown]' than nothing at all.
Also, this error is imho quite innocent.

> For all DOM objects in khtml/ecma there should be a conversion now. If
> it's missing for the above it must be an execption case (with a different
> base class).

Well, I did found one, maybe there are more.

Koos