Fwd: New drafts, CSS 2.1, css3-webfonts, css3-fonts, css3-background, css3-ui

Vadim Plessky lucy-ples at mtu-net.ru
Thu Aug 8 12:56:40 BST 2002

Hi,

On Wednesday 07 August 2002 8:53 pm, Lars Knoll wrote:
|  Hi,
|
|  I had a short look over the draft and it looks rather good. They have
| removed more or less everything I always considered difficult/impossible to
| implement. They also clarify some things that were ambiguous in the old
| specs. IMO we should go for CSS 2.1 and disregard the older 2.0 specs from
| now on.

yes, if you followed threads like "How is it possible to devise such a feeble
system?"  on <www-style> (first posting by Jesse McCarthy, 24/20/2001) - you
will see that idea of CSS 2.1 was supported by many people, incl. Tantek
Celik (Project manager for MS IE on Macintosh, which is known for good CSS
support)

But than I had impression than none from CSS WG except Tantek is willing to
create CSS 2.1.
It seems CSS WG silently developed it, and offered it to public now.
Noit ideak varaint of developing specifications, but better than previous
experience.

BTW: remember that Chris Wilson offered beer to everyone in a company (which I
believe is all KDE developers, in case of KDE/Konqueror) which will implement
CSS2 first.
//  Chris Wilson is Project manager for MS IE / Windows platform

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)